Digital India programme was launched by the government with a focus on digital empowerment of citizens and creation of digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen for governance and services on demand. Under this initiative, the NDA government is trying to transform every possible sector.
The Government of India has now extended a helping hand to the students of India in the form of the e-Basta platform. This is a collaborative platform where students, teachers and book retailers can come together and help each other.
HOW IT WORKS?
The stakeholders of e-Basta are the students, teachers, e-Basta app, and the publishers.The e-Basta app has to be installed to get access to the portal.The school/teachers customise the contents of the e-Basta for the students.The publishers upload the content as per the requirement of the e-Bastas.The students, with the help of the app, can access the portal and download content of interest.
FEATURES OF E-BASTA
‘Basta’ in Hindi means a school bag. As the name suggests, e-Basta is literally a digital schoolbag with the digital version of school books and study material. The various features of eBasta are as follows:
The eBasta app has to be installed to get access to the portal.
The school/teachers customise the contents of the eBasta for the students.
The publishers upload the content as per the requirement of the e-Bastas.
The students, with the help of the app, can access the portal and download content of interest
BENEFITS OF E-BASTA FOR STUDENTS AND PUBLISHERS
- 1. This programme will make all school books available in the digital format and can be accessed on laptops and tablets.
- 2. Resources available in the digital form include text, simulation, animations, audio books, and videos among many other features.
- 3. Web based applications will be available to access and navigate the framework of eBasta.
- 4. Teachers or the school can log on to the portal and customise the eBasta contents according to the requirement, standard, and syllabus of their students.
- 5. Students can access the content included by the teachers or the school on the same portal. They can use eBasta application by downloading them on their computers or android phones.
- 6. The android app is like a eBook reader. Once the student has access he/she will have the content as required by the teachers.
- 7. The content is easily transferable.
- 8. e-Basta is also beneficial for the publishers. It will be easier for them to penetrate into schools and students in every nook and corner of India and sell books in the digital format. All they need to do is register on to the eBasta portal.
- 9. The publishers and the students both benefit because feedback on the online material available online comes directly and thus, any action required concerning the content will also be more prompt.
- 10. Thanks to DRM (Digital Rights Management), the publishers do not have to worry about piracy of the content that they upload.
By – Tutor – Ms. Annu Panchal
Department of Nursing
College Of Nursing UCBMSH
Uttaranchal (P.G.) College Of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital