(GNM)General Nursing & Midwifery
Nursing, as a career, has always been in demand. With the rapid growth in the population coupled with the requirement for better healthcare facilities, there is an unending demand for nurses in the country. Playing a significant role in the healthcare profession, nurses shoulder a wide variety of responsibilities. GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) is a 3 years Diploma program. In India this course also is registered under and is controlled by Indian Nursing Council. The basic qualification required to apply for the course is plus two preferably with science stream.
The main objective of this course is to prepare nurses with a sound educational programme in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team, beginning with the competencies for first level positions in all kinds of health care settings. Participate as member of the health team in delivery of curative preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care service. Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life. Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
Admission Criteria for G.N.M
- Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM:
10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. However Science is preferable.
10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council
10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/State/Centre
Registered ANM with state nurses registration council.
- Admission of students shall be once in a year.
- Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course.
- Minimum age for admission will be 17 years. (as on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 yrs. For ANM/ for LHV, there is no age bar.
- ReviewCourses Name
- Year 1
- MATH 1000
- Intorducation to Algebra I
- MATH 1001
- Analysis 1
- MATH 1002
- Analysis 2
- MATH 1004
- Mathematical Methods 1
- MATH 1005
- Mathematical Methods 2
- STAT 3889
- Introduction to Practical Statistics
- STAT 3029
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- STAT 8763
- Further Probability and Statistics
- Year 2
- MATH 1100
- Intorducation to Algebra II
- MATH 1003
- Analysis 3: Complex Analysis
- MATH 1004
- Analysis 4: Real Analysis
- STAT 4400
- Computing for Practical Statistics
- STAT 0003
- Introduction To Applied Probability
- STAT 7362
- Linear Models and the Analysis of Variance
- STAT 0091
- Probability and Inference
- Total Credit Hours