The Uttaranchal (P.G.) College of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital, College Of nursing believe that research, education, and service are the foundation for professional nursing practice. Professional nursing recognizes and addresses the health care needs of a global society, communities and their members. Professional nursing education encompasses a humanistic orientation and a dedication to basic ethical principles. Professional nursing practice is operationalized through diagnosis, intervention and outcome evaluation and the establishment of collaborative relationships with the goal of promoting the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
The vision of College of Nursing is to prepare excellent health care providers and leaders to transform the lives of persons and communities through innovative education and health care.
- To deliver unique and exclusive education in a unique and exclusive manner.
- To deliver something that helps to redefine the definition of way of educating.
- To deliver something which is practical, and which can possibly be implemented on ground.
- To help the students to attain the best and to help the trainers to deliver the best.
- To eradicate every obstacle responsible for creating obstruction in the flow of education.
- To enter into a millennia, where combination of technology with education creates history.
- To apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- To demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- To practice interdisciplinary approach in providing nursing care.
- To promote the students to conduct the need based research studies in various settings of health care.
- To demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality of care.
- To provide preventive, promotive, curative and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programmes.
- To communicate effectively with individual and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work.
- To demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals groups in clinical community health settings.
- To create awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.