UTTARANCHAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES AND HOSPITAL
COLLEGE OF NURSING
Ragging is an offence in any form and is totally prohibited in and outside the campus of Uttaranchal institute of biomedical sciences and hospital, sewla khurd, dehradun. This rule applies to the campus, hostels, college transportation and outside the institute’s premises too. We want to ensure and are committed to create a “ragging free” institution, thus ensuring a serene atmosphere conducive to learning and growth.
What Constitutes Ragging?
As defined by the UGC, Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in goon or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such a student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Any act of financial extortion of forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post public insults which would als include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that effects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Punishment that may be awarded for Ragging
Every incident of ragging will be investigated by the Discipline Committee Head who will go into the details and submit all relevant information to the Principal along with their findings and recommendations.
Further, the Discipline Committee of UCBMSH will, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Committee, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and / or academic privileges.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, events, tournament, youth festival, etc
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution.
- Fine submission.
Following measures will be taken by the institution to prevent ragging:
- Written notice expressing that ragging is totally prohibited in institution.
- Those who found guilty of ragging/ abetting ragging, actively or passively or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging is liable to be punished in accordance with these regulations as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
Members of Anti ragging committee at the college are following:
Anti ragging slogan:
- Student’s freedom flourishes with freedom from ragging.
- Give wings to fly, not ragging chains to cry.
- Promotion of ragging is demotion of life.
Disciplinary Resources Committee (DRC)